Tuesday, 21 April 2009

It Is All About the Sound

Should Susan Boyle have a makeover?
Singing talent Susan Boyle (47) stunned the judges on the famous show Britain’s Got Talent. Now the big question is whether or not she should have a make-over. This question proves how shallow we all are. Some say she should stay the way she is, because she now looks like any person that could live down our street, which makes us sympathise with her. However, what does she want herself? And why do we think she will be disappointing if she does get a small make-over? Apparently she does care about her looks, because she did dress up to go to the auditions. Let her enjoy her 15 minutes of fame, and make her feel good about herself.

For the full article look at http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/lostinshowbiz/2009/apr/17/susan-boyle-makeover-britains-got-talent

Susan Boyle is the talk of the day. She has a wonderful voice and looks like the woman from next-door. I have seen her performance on youtube as well. It was stunning indeed. I had goose bumps all over my back and arms. She stuns especially because she is so ordinary you do not expect her to have an incredible voice. I think she should be allowed to change her looks if she wishes to do so, but she should not be forced to do it. Her performance is, as the judges on the show put it correctly, a wake-up call for all of us. Do not judge too soon, people often are different from what they look like at first sight. We as teachers sometimes do this with our students as well. The big mouthed ones, we often think them annoying, but have we ever spoken with them? The ones who always sit in the far corner, do we even see them? Don’t let looks deceive you. Go for content, go for their sound.

3 comments:

  1. I like the last sentences of your blog! 'Don't let looks deceive you. Go for content, go for their sound'. I really makes me think about what you just said in your blog! I really agree with you, but I think it's also a bit human to judge people on their looks. It's wrong but it is human. I think Susan Boyle only should have a make-over if she wants it herself! (Now we know she has had a bit of a make-over, not drastically,but still it is a make-over)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nowadays looks seem to be more important than your voice (like programmes so you wanna be a popstar, they do not just select you because of your voice). but look at paul potts and indeed susan boyle. I do not really like her, but she has agreat voice and thát makes a good singer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not know where all the fuss is about. She does have a great voice but to be honest she will never be a star because they cannot put her in anything. I think all of these talent shows are very superficial because the pretty people always win.

    ReplyDelete